Renting in Spain
We hosted a webinar to provide advice about the rental requirements in Spain whether you are a Landlord, or a Tenant. We covered all the legal aspects of renting as well as providing some advice about individual cases.
- What are the general terms agreed with landlord available to people looking to rent in Spain?
- What is the difference between short term and long term rentals?
- What deposit is normally required? What laws apply?
- Is it necessary to prove being employed or ability to pay the rent?
- What fees are charged by the agency and who pays?
- What protections are there for people renting property? Are there controls on the tenant or both?
- Can the landlord repossess the property if he no longer wants to rent the property out? How much notice is required?
- At the end of the tenancy what guarantee protection is available to ensure the damage deposit will be repaid?
- If you are buying to let what docs are required to let it out ?
- What tax is payable?
- Do you need to be self employed (automono) to be?
Watch the video here