Building in Spain
Building a new home in Spain has to be a dream for many people. Carefully selecting your own plot and then instructing architects to design your dream house and then contracting builders to build for forever house. How exciting is that! This seminar was all about helping you turn that dream into reality and not into a nightmare.
We were joined by Jonathon Moreels, a Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects and a Member of the Colegio de Arquitectos de Madrid and Alison de Cotta founder of Mortgage Matters Spain
Jonathon talks you through from the idea, design and construction for your dream home and Alison covers financing. Alex Radford also shared his experience when he had a home built in Spain.
- How much can someone borrow for a self build?
- How can you find a plot?
- How do you know you can build what you want on that plot?
- What is the legal process for the plot purchase?
- What tax is payable on plot purchase? If buying from company or individual?
- Once you have purchased the plot, what comes next? How do you find a builder? What advice re builder?
- Talk to us about the building process? How long? What main steps is the build divided into? What do you do during the build process.
- What is acta de replaneto and final de obra?
- What mistakes do people make in the build process? What should they be careful of?
- When do you sign the mortgage? When do payments start and how long does it take for the bank to release payments?
- On completion what deed has to be signed?
- What about licence of first occupation?