EXPLAINED – Capital Gains Tax Liability in Spain
Are you planning to sell your main residence in your home country and move to Spain? If so, it’s essential to understand your Capital Gains Tax Liability in Spain. In this latest video, we’ll cover everything you need to know about it.
Alex Radford talks to Pedro San Nicolás González of our Ciudad Quesada office about the Capital Gains Tax liability in Spain when you sell your main residence and move to Spain. Here’s what we cover and answer:
- If I sell my property in my home country, make a gain and move to Spain in the same year and become a tax resident, do I pay any tax?
- What is the Capital Gains tax liability and what is it payable on?
- What deductions are there?
- What if the gain is small or no gain?
- What if I use all monies sold from the sale of my own country property and invest them in my Spanish property?
In summary, if you’re planning to sell your main residence in your home country and move to Spain, it’s crucial to understand your Capital Gains Tax Liability in Spain. By taking the time to do your research and seek professional advice, you can ensure that you’re fully compliant with Spanish tax law and avoid any unexpected tax bills.
If you need help with your move to Spain and to calculate any liability please contact us at email@example.com.