Life in the Canary Islands
In November 2020 we took part in a webinar organised by Blacktower Financial Management Group. With a panel including Costa Women, EBF Consulting, Age in Spain and TaraBiz Condado we talked about life on the Canary Islands.
This informative talk, formatted in an Q&A session, covered the latest information for new arrivals as well as foreign residents already living in the Canaries.
- Is there still time to get residency for UK Nationals before the end of 2020 and what is necessary?
- is it true that if you apply for your T.I.E. card you automatically become a Spanish Tax Resident?
- If I get my residency in Spain does that mean I become a Tax Resident in Spain?
- What tax obligations will I have in Spain once I become a Tax Resident?
- If I purchase a property in Spain and do not become a Tax Resident does this mean I have no tax to pay in Spain?
- Is it true that we have to pay tax to the Spanish tax man. on Spanish property even if we don’t rent it out?
- What are the current rules about holiday lets? Are all holiday lets the same?
- Do I need to pay tax through the year or is it a one-off payment at year end?
- Could Brexit have an impact on my investments in the UK and if so, what can I do about it? (UK IFA will no longer be qualified to give advice)
- I received the message from Barclays saying they can no longer be a client of them, what can I do
- Is it a good time to invest with all the uncertainty in the world?
- Do I need to get residency before the end of the year?
- Do I need to do anything with my driving license?
If you have further enquiries about living in Spain or the Canary Islands, do contact us