Property Values and Surveys in Spain – May 2020
Continuing our series of online webinars, on 8 May 2020, we looked at the current state of the property market in Spain, particularly focussing on Marbella.
You wanted to how have property values been affected by the lockdown and coronavirus in Spain? And is the real estate market still ‘open for business’?
We were joined by Campbell Ferguson of Survey Spain and Sean Cannon of Panorama Estates.
- How has the lockdown affected businesses in Marbella?
- In respect of surveys, many people in Spain do not believe they are necessary. Why would you recommend a survey?
- What is the average cost of a survey and what does it include?
- In respect of valuations, how do you value a property? What criteria do you use?
- In the last two quarters of 2019, what was the market doing? We all know that sellers place property on the market at a higher price and then accept a lower offer. What was the average percentage discount?
- How would you value a property now given the Covid 19 crisis? What are your views on values going forward for resale property and new build?
- How has the crisis affected the real estate industry on the Costa del Sol so far?
- When will Panorama reopen their office and what will the criteria be to view properties?
- Are buyers contacting you? How are you showing the properties and what nationalities are they?
- How are your buyers and sellers reacting to the market?
- Do you see big discounts ahead for potential buyers in the resale and off plan market?
- What do you believe the impact will be on the real estate industry and the coast as a whole if international travellers do not come to Spain in July & August.
Watch the recording to find out more:-
Campbell Ferguson of Survey Spain is a qualified Land Economist and FRICS Surveyor with 50 years’ experience, 19 of those in Spain, has expertise in all types of commercial and residential property. After years of experience in the UK and Madrid, Campbell joined an international serviced office company as Head of Acquisition for Scotland, England, Benelux and Eastern USA. The Costa del Sol has been his home since 2001.
Sean Cannon has many years’ experience in Spanish Real Estate, specialising in high value residential properties. Sean joined Panorama in 2008 and since then has become one of the Senior Property Consultants on their sales team due to his exceptional attention to detail and ever growing list of satisfied clients. After ten years of hard work and dedication Sean became Sales Director in July 2018. Panorama are Marbella’s longest established real estate agency opening its first office in Marbella in 1970, and is led by its owner and Managing Director, Christopher Clover with the collaboration of his children Alex and Katinka.
On 15 May we will host our next ‘Ask My Lawyer in Spain’ free webinar and this time the topic is how can you Mind Your Money? The stock market has been going up and down over recent weeks. How can we invest safely during turbulent times?
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We will be joined by Tim Govaerts and the team from Blacktower Financial Management Group. Blacktower specialises in offering a bespoke and independent wealth management advice service for international and UK clients, comprising of individuals, companies, charities, pension funds and trustees.